Saturday, April 16, 2011

Questions leaving Cambodia

Though we are now in Malaysia, i think we will try and bring everyone up to speed.

Cambodia...

We had such a great time at the beach. It was the perfect break from phrases like "tuk tuk?" "ladieee" "Buy Bracelet?" "Marijuana? Coke? opium?" "buy my book help my business" and so many more! People yell at us all day every day, and though we are used to it a break was nice.

Upon returning to the mainland I was reminded of some things about Cambodia that I do not understand. prostitution, child prostitution, children begging, LITTERING. I really do not think littering is even the word, people throw everything on the ground, in streams, in the ocean... What is the next step for Cambodia I wonder? What would it be like if Pol Pot hadn't killed 3 million of the smartest people in the country?

I left Cambodia confused, and also curious about other countries and how they tackle these big problems.I met a Canadian girl who works in Cambodia, she said that Cambodia's govt. is corrupt... isn't everyones?

I really appreciate my own country so much more after being on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment