Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day one: Chelsea

I am in Bangkok. The city is steamy, smelly, and buzzing with life. Mack and I are staying in a hotel called the Siam Palace. 600 baht a night (20$) with all the comforts of home, we even have pets here....well ants.

Yesterday I went to the grand palace and saw the Jade Buddah,Went to Wat Arun and saw the laying Buddah, and experienced Khao San Road. 

The day was beautiful, but my most memorable moments from day 1 were on Khao San Road, I saw/heard:

1) woman/man with unknowing white dude... Wipa confirmed for me that the woman was a man, she said she could tell because the girl had manly feet.

2)10-15 invitations to the ping pong show....

3) legless man on skateboard

4) DOGS DOGS DOGS & CATS CATS CATS

While out last night mack and i also had algae eaters clean our feet for 15 min. definately the highlight of my night. I sat at a large cool fish tank and plunged my feet into the fishy bath. Instantly hundreds of little slimy sucker fish danced along my feet cleaning away the days trek. I screamed and giggled,  with white dude, manwoman, mack, and a couple from Holland.  suprisingly after my feet were very soft. 

Time to go this thai computer is telling me that every word I type is spelled wrong, because it is not Thai. SO MANY RED SQUIGGLES.

Pictures soon.

XOXOX

Chels

7 comments:

  1. Ha!! Hilarious! Plunge those tootsies into the fishy water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having fun and into it. Pictures, we need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You must post pictures! I'm so excited to read this blog as you guys continue your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish feet! I envy that experience. So cool! Keep us

    posted!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god you already saw a manwoman?? The fishy foot feast sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fishy foot bath..too much fun!!! glad you are there safe..will have to connect on skype, or I will look into the phone situation..Janice said you asked..All is well sweetie, I love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy! I'm so excited for you and jealous! I hope I get to experience everything you will! Please be safe! Cant wait to hear more. Love you both, Derek.

    ReplyDelete